Friday, August 12, 2011

The Art of Letter Writing

I love writing letters.  I also love receiving them but the unfortunate truth is that Letter Writing is a lost art.  I continue to stay committed to this personal and intimate way of connecting with loved ones far and near.  My only intention is to bring a nugget of joy and love to the life of the receiver.  If I am to acquire a response, all the more surprising and uplifting.

Earlier this week, I spent a good part of a day cleaning/organizing our house.  We can be a bit cluttery (my own special word for us!) and it gets out of control in quick order.  I got to the bottom of the piles in our bedroom and was rewarded not only by the left over cleanliness but also by a wonderful find.  Saved within the stacks were letters from my Nana Ruth.  She, sadly, died of cancer May 15th of this year.  The correspondence was such a wonderful treasure to unearth from my messy life.  Her life is irreplaceable but I am so Grateful to have these letters to hold dear.  A reminder of her humor and her life and her love for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh such a sweet post. I'm quilty as well, I used to write long letters to family & friends, sadly I don't take the time much anymore. You've inspired me to put forth more effort in this area. It is a comfort and a joy to have something of loved ones who've passed on, even more so when you have their thoughts and words of love.

    ReplyDelete