Monday, July 25, 2011

A day off

Today is the first full weekday I have had off in three weeks.  It was almost overwhelming to decide what to do!! (could have worse problems, I know).  I did, however, and without much ado, settle into my gardening project.  Currently I am trying to lighten the load.  Over the last two years I have replanted and over-crowded my plants. The overall effect being - a mess.  While thinning it all out I found several flowers (echinacea, globe.....) that were under all the weeds and shaded by many other plants - all fighting for the little nutrients around the bed.

It felt good to give them space to breathe, hoping that I found the weak ones in time to revive and strengthen them.  I was reminded of how I feel when I get around to reorganizing or picking up the house.  The wide open spaces make me feel larger inside...tidier and secure.  Not so chaotic.  So far I am happy with what I have done.      There is much more to do but I feel that I am off to a great start!

Today's gratitude is (and there are actually two today) for my day off - an entire day to dedicate to the garden.  And also for the blessing of having my children behaving together outside - low maintenance kid day.




No comments:

Post a Comment