Monday, June 27, 2011

Beach Day

When we moved here almost four years ago, it was a difficult time.  I was leaving a close circle of friends, including my Bestie.  We left a cozy community and some very special people in order for my husband to find a job.  I was depressed and lonely for some time.  The move did serve to bring my family closer together, however, and force me into self-reflection.  As time has passed we have realized that we are in a wonderful neighborhood with lots of caring and friendly folks and we have acclimated to our new home.  I often wish I could share all the things that I enjoy here with my friends from away.  One of which is being so close to the ocean.  This may be my favorite part of being here.  Within 10 minutes I can be exploring a sandy beach with the kids, watching my son jump the waves.  My daughter likes to people watch and dig in the sand.  I like to take pictures of them and watch the water carry the boats to and fro.

Today will be our first beach day this summer, heading to Pine Point.  I am packing up a lunch, towels, suits, and sunscreen.  The kids are excited and we will be meeting some friends there.  My plan is to be at the beach as much as possible this summer...to take advantage of my new home and all it's beauty and charm!  Today's Gratitude:  A new beginning brought about growth and ocean adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment