Monday, June 20, 2011

Up at Dawn

Seriously?!?!  I ask myself this at 5:15 this morning.  My eyes are open and I feel rested but it is much too early to be awake - on a vacation day - for no reason.  For nearly 35 minutes, I wish myself back into slumber...it's not going to happen.  So I decide to get up.  The children are seemingly still deep in dreamland.  My husband...always deep in dreamland until much later into the morning!  

And what's to follow is today Gratitude:  I tiptoe into the kitchen with my current read under my arm.  I brew a cup of tea and spread a few graham crackers with peanut butter and find my husbands slippers.  With my arms full of a few of my favorite things, I set up in the backyard with the early birds and the morning sun. Great way to start the day!  and a it's a Monday! 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogworld! I like the idea of your blog and try to follow it myself on my blog. It's so easy to slip into negativity and critical pessimism. Finding joy is more of a challenge but I think it is a habit that can be developed and benefits not only ourselves but all those we are connected with.

    ReplyDelete